|Photo by Kyle Glenn on Unsplash|
The biggest shift in team structures these days is the spread of teams across different geographies. This poses many opportunities in terms of company reach, multicultural teams, and new learnings. But at the same time, it poses a lot of challenge in terms of ensuring undisrupted team communication and management. Managers are usually at loss of ideas about ensuring that their teams are cognizant of their objectives and tracking any leakage of efforts.
Technology helps significantly- E-mails, messengers and video conferences are just a few of the ways in which managers are increasingly enabling remote teams to function smoothly. But eventually, all these tools are unconnected and do not speak with each other. This increases the challenge of keeping a track of these communications. In such situation, some distinctive features offered by HR tools can come handy for the managers.
1. Attendance- HRMS lets people punch-in their attendance on the go using mobile application with geo-tagging. They can also do regular check-ins, implying that managers can keep a track of the attendance and locations of their on-field employees. Sales teams who have assigned beat plans for field visits can use this and managers can easily keep a track of these visits.
2. Reimbursements- It is also extremely easy for on-field teams or remote teams to apply for reimbursements using an HRMS. They can simply scan their bills and let their mobile apps parse the details with a single click to apply reimbursement requests on the employees’ behalf.
3. Collaboration- These are the tools used by teams for easy and secure communication. They can collaborate on projects, share updates and track progress using HRMS. They can indulge in brainstorming sessions and share ideas.
4. Helpdesk- A major pain for employees working from different locations is query resolution. These queries may range from system issues to insurance support. With the help of ticketing platform or helpdesk, employees in remote teams can easily reach out to proper points of contact for respective categories and seek resolution. These resolutions can be tracked by HRs and leaders of the company to ensure the improvement of overall resolution system.
5. Project Management- Using this tool, managers can easily allocate projects and tasks to different members of their teams. Employees can update their achievements and progress, which will reflect on the manager’s end.
These are major ways in which HR tools are making a significant impact on the management of remote teams. It is highly recommended that you seek all these features in your HR tools and ensure that you have such supports since remote teams are the future of HR in developing companies.